Stress is one word we are all familiar with and have experienced it at some point in life. Mention of this word sets an alarm in our brain. People in earlier years used to be more relaxed and stress free but in present times life is fast paced, high pressured, full of responsibilities and competition. All this stresses us out more and more. Some people are able to handle all that stress but for some it takes a toll on them both physically and mentally. All this stress lead to different kinds of aliments like high blood pressure, heart diseases, poor immune system. It makes you moody or short tempered. Taking medication for all these things is not the solution. Best way to fight stress is to stay relaxed, try to find the source of what is causing it and trying to resolve it and try keeping a healthy life style and diet along with it. You can exercise, get massages, go on walks, do meditation or do yoga to de-stress yourself. There are some other things that you can include in your diet that will help your fight stress.
- Chamomile tea: Chamomile tea is a natural herb great for fighting stress and anxiety. Drink at least 2 cups of chamomile tea daily to relax your body and mind.
- Green Tea: Green tea is full of anti-oxidants. All these anti-oxidants help you relax and de-stress yourself. It can be both calming for body and mind, it also helps concentration and attention. Drink at least three to four cups of green tea and you will feel great and relaxed.
- Green Leafy vegetables: Green leafy vegetables produce dopamine a chemical that induces pleasure in your brain and help you stay relaxed. So you should include more and more green leafy vegetables in your diet like spinach, broccoli etc. It is also full of vitamin and minerals which also benefit your body.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is really helpful in beating stress. It has been found by researchers that probiotics like yogurt has helped reduce activities in the areas of brain that induce stress. Also as yogurt is full of calcium and other minerals including this in your diet will only be helpful.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are full of vitamin E and anti-oxidants that are helpful in reducing stress. It can also help you cope up with depression, mood swing and insomnia. Also blue berries are not that high on calories so you can have plenty of them.
- Chocolate: Well this is the best and certainly the yummiest of all foods helpful for fighting stress. Chocolate can help you reduce stress hormones. Anti-oxidants present in chocolate help relax you and help you fight stress, anxiety and depression. So whenever you feel depressed have some chocolate and relax yourself.