At times when we feel depressed and low in life, we turn to food to make us feel better and tend to binge on sugary and fatty food. For an instant we tend to feel better and it seems all our worries in the world have faded away but then all the junk you ate makes you feel even more miserable. Changing your food habits when you feel stressed or depressed can not only lift your mood instantly but all save you on all that fat and make you feel healthy and look better. Here are some foods that will make you feel better and lift your mood:
- Walnuts: Walnuts is full of omega-3 fatty acid, proteins and vitamins which contribute to a good mood. Eating walnuts doesn’t make you fat, also curb your hunger and let’s not forget gets you in a better mood.
- Bananas: Banana consists of potassium, phosphorus, Vitamin B6 and healthy carbohydrates. When you eat a banana you get a quick boost of energy and give you a sugar spike. It also consists of iron which also helps in producing energy and also prevents fatigue. So have banana whenever you feel depressed.
- Coconut: When you think about coconut first thing that comes to your mind is the aroma associated with coconut. The aroma of coconut can slower your heart rate and make you feel more relaxed. It soothes you and lifts up your mood. So next time you feel stressed eat something with a coconut smell.
- Fish: You can have fish to lift up your mood or you can also have egg. Both of them are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, they are also a rich source of protein and vitamin B. Fish helps produce dopamine which if is present in low levels can make us feel depressed. So have an egg daily or try introducing fish in your daily diet and staying stress free.
- Dark Chocolate: It is a known fact that dark chocolate prevents heart attack and strokes. Dark chocolate consists of antioxidants which if had regularly helps reduce stress hormone. But we should not mistake eating loads of chocolate and put on extra kilos, just having a piece of good quality dark chocolate daily is enough to keep you stress free. So give yourself treat with a piece of chocolate.