Do you feel that your skin shines a lot and you can’t seem to get rid of it? You constantly have to clean your face still it becomes shiny again. Oily skin can lead to a lot of other skin problems as well like blackheads, pimples acne, dull and dark skin, irritation etc. Oily skin is mostly seen in people with large pore size. Oily skin can be hereditary due to ones genes, it can also result from dietary choices, too much stress, hormonal imbalance etc. Oily skin can give you a darker complexion and can get difficult to manage. There are plenty of cosmetic products which can be used to get rid of oily skin but it is always not advisable to use chemically loaded products. There are some easy home remedies which can prove to be effective as well as helpful in maintaining oily skin.
- Cleaning: Cleaning your face regularly is essential to get rid of oily skin. Clean your face at least two to three times a day to remove all the excess oil and dirt. Use a good moisturizing cleanser or soap. This will prevent your skin from clogging as well.
- Lemon: Lemons acts as a natural astringent as it is a rich source of vitamin C. It also acts as a natural bleaching agent which lightens your skin tone. Squeeze fresh lemon juice either mix it with water or apply it directly on your face using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 10min to 15min and let it get absorbed. Repeat this remedy daily for a few weeks to prevent oily skin.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is another natural astringent which has cooling and soothing effect on our skin. You can either extract cucumber juice and rub it over your face and let it get absorbed or you can also rub thick cucumber slices on your face and leave it overnight. Repeat this daily for a few weeks and you will notice a change.
- Egg Whites: Egg white are rich in vitamin A. They make your skin firm, also removes excess oil and lightens scars. Just whip an egg white and apply it on your face for 10min to 15min. Wash it off with water. Do this once a week for a few weeks. You can also mix pinch of lemon juice white and apply the mask on your face for about 15min till dry and then wash off with water.
- Yogurt: Yogurt can help exfoliate your skin and absorb excess oil. You can apply yogurt on your face and leave it for a few minutes to get absorbed in your skin and then rinse it off. Repeat this daily for a fairer oil-free skin.