A lot of us suffer from dark elbows and knees. Dark knees and elbows can be very embarrassing at times especially for females as it looks bad while wearing skirts and without sleeves tops. Dark elbows and knees are a result of sun exposure or mainly dead skin cells. This can also be a result of dry skin as there are no oil glands in this part of the body. Do not neglect your dark knees and elbows there are some simple home remedies which can help you get rid of these.
- Lemons: Lemons are a blessing for you as they are useful for all kinds of skin problems. Similarly they are also very useful in getting rid of dark elbows and knees. Lemon is a very good bleaching agent as well as a very good exfoliating agent. It is rich source of vitamin C which helps remove dead skin and helps in regeneration of new skin cells. First you need to clean your knees and pat them dry. Rub some freshly squeezed lemon juice on your elbows and knees. Massage for a few minutes and let it get absorbed in your skin. Leave it for a few minutes and then wash with luke warm water. Repeat this daily for a few weeks to get rid of dark elbows and knees.
- Sugar Scrub: You can make a sugar scrub by mixing equal amount of sugar with olive oil and make a thick paste. Rub this paste on your elbows and knees for a few minutes in circular motion and then wash off with water. This will exfoliate your skin as well as moisturize it.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is a natural scrub, it also reduces skin pigmentation. Make a thin paste of baking soda and milk. Scrub your knees and elbows with this paste for a few minutes and then wash of using water and soap. Repeat this daily for a few weeks till the skin tone becomes even.
- Gram flour: It contains a lot of vitamins and proteins, it is about also rich in minerals. Make a paste of gram flour and yogurt, you can also add a pinch of turmeric. Apply this paste on your knees and elbows and let it get dry for about 15 minutes. Then wash it off with water by rubbing in constant circular motion. Repeat this at least two times a week to get rid of dark knees and elbows.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is rich in vitamin E. It is a good moisturizing agent and also helps lighten skin tone. There are several ways in which you can use coconut oil. You can directly rub coconut oil on your elbow and knees and massage for a few minutes. Repeat this daily to keep your elbows and knees moisturized. You can also mix one tablespoon of coconut oil with freshly squeezed lemon juice and then rub this on your elbows and knees and then let it sit for about 15min to 20 min, then wash it with water. Repeat this remedy daily for even toned elbows and knees.