Our body is made of 70% water. Water balance is very important for our body and its maintenance. When water level in our body drops below a certain levels it disturbs the equilibrium of all the minerals present in our body. Every cell in our body needs water and in turn oxygen to function properly. When our body loses more water than it in takes it suffers from dehydration. Unless we take adequate measures to restore lost fluids sometimes mild dehydration can lead to severe dehydration. Dehydration can occur due to various reasons like excessive sweating, urination, diarrhea, vomiting etc. Dehydration mainly occurs in summers due to excessive sweating. There are several methods you can prevent dehydration.
- Water: Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated. You should keep drinking water even if you don’t feel thirsty. Take small sips of water, keep a bottle of water in your bag. Drinking lots of water not only prevents dehydration it also helps to keep your skin radiant.
- Fruits: You should eat plenty of fruits which are rich in water content. Some fruits like watermelon, grapes, oranges, papaya, cucumber etc are very rich in water , you should include plenty of them in your diet and daily meals.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is very good for people with dehydration. People suffering from dehydration due to diarrhea and vomiting should eat a lot of yogurt and curd. Mix some sugar in your everyday curd and it will help you prevent dehydration.
- Bananas: It is one fruit that has a lot of water content as well as potassium content that is lost due to dehydration. Eat banana during the day or you can also eat banana shake to prevent dehydration.
- Coconut Water: Coconut water has very high electrolyte content this makes it a very good hydrating drink. It contains no sugar and calories so it can be very beneficial and also prevent weight gain.
Dehydration can be a very severe problem, it is also very common in infants so we should try keep ourselves hydrates and icing on the cake is that following all these remedies will also benefit our overall health, keep our skin glowing and radiant.