While drinking my cup of green tea the other day I realized there is more to it than just being a tea so I thought of writing this article and sharing the benefits of green tea with everybody.
Green tea is made from Camellia sinensis plant. Green tea is considered to be a healthy drink which benefits us in a lot of ways and improves our overall body health. It might not be that great in taste but just look a bit deeper and see the benefits of green tea it is full of anti-oxidants and nutrients. Green tea is also used as a medicine. You must be thinking why and how is it beneficial as compared to black tea it is only due to the fact that green tea is not fermented as compared to black tea which goes under fermentation process so all the anti-oxidants along with other things remain intact in green tea. So let us look at some of the benefits of green tea:
- Skin: Green tea as it is full of anti-oxidants which cleanses and also help reduce signs of aging and wrinkles. It also prevents you from skin burn and tanning.
- Weight Loss: Now who doesn’t want to lose that extra weight. Green tea helps you in reducing weight as it increases your metabolism and green tea increases you fat burning which leads in reducing body fat on long term use. Also if you drink green tea along with exercising helps you reduce weight.
- Diabetes: As we all know it is related with glucose levels in your blood. Green tea helps regulate glucose level in your body and slowing the rise of sugar level in your blood in turn which prevents insulin rise.
- Cancer: Green tea helps prevent cancer like breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, skin cancer and tumors. As oxidative damage contributes to the development of cancer and green tea is rich in anti-oxidants can help protect that and in turn reduce your risk of cancer.
- Heart Risk: Green tea helps your blood vessels stay relaxed and can better withstand any change in blood pressure, so reduces the risk of heart attacks. Green tea also keeps your cholesterol level in check and reduces it.