Blackheads are tiny dark bumps in our skin caused by clogged pores filled with sebum oil. It is a skin problem that appears mainly on face and especially nose. It is a big problem with adolescents and people with oily skin. But its not due to dirt as popularly believed by a lot of us so excessive scrubbing your face will only make it dry and lead to excess secretion of oil to compensate for oil loss so you should not be obsessive about scrubbing. Here are some simple and easy remedies present in your kitchen that can help you get rid of blackheads.
1. Honey: Honey is perfect for oily skin as well as blackheads. It exfoliates you skin and tightens it as well. Apply honey for 10-15 min over blackheads and wash it with warm water. Apply twice a week for few months and you will see great results.
2. Baking Soda: Baking soda has bleaching properties helps clear your skin. Make a paste of baking soda with water and scrub areas with blackheads for a few minutes. Make sure you don’t scrub too hard, scrub in soft circular motion and rinse it with lukewarm water.
3. Lemon and Sugar: Lemon is very good in treating blackheads as it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. Make a facial scrub using mixture of lemon juice and sugar into a thick paste. Scrub your face gently using it. Wash it off after 10min and repeat this at least two times a week for best results.
4. Turmeric: Turmeric is a good antiseptic agent. Make paste of turmeric with two tablespoon milk. Apply it on blackheads and leave for a few minutes until dry , then wash it with water.
5. Tomatoes: Tomatoes are effective in de-clogging your pores. Apply tomato juice on affected areas and leave it overnight it will help dry your blackheads and they will naturally fall off.